May 20, 2024, 12:47:13 pm

Author Topic: Future of Outward  (Read 25271 times)

Alienlover97

• View Profile
Future of Outward
« on: May 05, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »
Now that the kickstarter has been cancelled, what will happen to the game now? Really hope it doesn't get stuck in developer limbo, I really wanna see this game made. Any thoughts?

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Outward
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »
The development hasn't been completely abandoned. We are still going to work on Outward in the future. In the immediate future, we are working on our previous project, GoD Factory, to port it on Unity 5, this should fix a few things that has been bothering us and try to make a DLC to get us some more revenue before focusing back to Outward. As we mentioned on the update, we have applied to the CMF (Canadian Media Fund) which could finance the whole project. We are going to hear back around June/July.

Keep an eye on the forums update as we are surely going to keep you guys up to date on our various progress, either on Outward our or other projects.

Bahasa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 08:48:51 pm »
Good luck in getting funding. I'm looking forward to the day when you tell us Outward is being made. :)

Sir Chaox

• Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 03:04:28 pm »
Don't give up on crowdfunding entirely, guys. This is a game people would help fund for sure, I just don't know how to spread the word and get people to notice it. But if that can be done, I think you were offering the game at a fair price, and people would jump on board. Multiplayer adventure/survival sim is a great concept. Either way, here's hoping you guys find the funding you need.  :)

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 03:41:53 pm »
Thank you guys :)

Don't give up on crowdfunding entirely, guys. This is a game people would help fund for sure, I just don't know how to spread the word and get people to notice it. But if that can be done, I think you were offering the game at a fair price, and people would jump on board. Multiplayer adventure/survival sim is a great concept. Either way, here's hoping you guys find the funding you need.  :)

A good way to help would be to continue to follow our progress and share news/videos regarding Outward to your friends/family, and maybe invite them to join the forums and discuss with us and the others that have an interest in Outward or even Nine Dots :)

Sir Chaox

• Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 04:30:48 pm »
Will do.  ;D

VictoriousSlade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 04:36:42 pm »
This game had more potential than nearly any game I've seen to truly be an immersive survival game. Animations, especially in combat, were remarkably fluid, and the environments were beautiful. I hope you guys don't give up on this game or abandon it, because I think Outward could truly be huge. Have you guys considered approaching Sony (they claim to be super indie friendly), to maybe lock up a partnership for console exclusivity for PS4 and PC or something like that? I was bummed about the kickstarter and hope you guys find a way to lock up funding; this game will be worth it if you continue down the path you're heading.

derpylz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 06:05:11 pm »
Maybe also consider Paradox Interactive as a publisher for the game. They had a huge success with Cities Skylines and probably have some money to spare right now :D

Alexandra Moldovia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »
Just signed up to say, I really hope you guys find a way to continue, and without a major publisher, Paradox might be good but you'd have to get a deal like Obsidian did, marketing only no creative control.

That said, if you can work out a demo, or something to show the public, restarting kickstarter Might be a good idea if possible, simply because with something to show you have a higher chance for coverage.

Would of backed you myself had I had money at the time.

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 10:24:48 am »
Just signed up to say, I really hope you guys find a way to continue, and without a major publisher, Paradox might be good but you'd have to get a deal like Obsidian did, marketing only no creative control.

That said, if you can work out a demo, or something to show the public, restarting kickstarter Might be a good idea if possible, simply because with something to show you have a higher chance for coverage.

Would of backed you myself had I had money at the time.

We are indeed looking for that kind of publishing deal, actually, we are actually even looking to just get money and we will hire the right person to do the marketing. If the publisher do marketing on its side too, it's even better.

A demo is definitely a good idea, we'd like to have a prototype/demo of the early game where you learn the basic of the survival and various concept of the game (like inventory management, cold, combat, etc).

Thank you for your support, sometimes, just a share can make all the difference ;)

Chaosknight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 12:21:24 am »
I don't know if you guys will ever see this, but I might as well leave this here anyway.

I was really saddened to hear that the Kickstarter for Outward was canceled because I was really looking forward to the game, so I'm glad to hear that you guys are still going to try and develop it.

I just wanted to leave this here as a possible solution to things. You should try talking to Bethesda about Outward because they have always seemed like the type of company that doesn't like to compromise someones vision for a game and I think they would love Outward. They also have two of the biggest series out there which both fall into the same realm as Outward which is the RPG genre.

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 09:30:29 am »
I don't know if you guys will ever see this, but I might as well leave this here anyway.

I was really saddened to hear that the Kickstarter for Outward was canceled because I was really looking forward to the game, so I'm glad to hear that you guys are still going to try and develop it.

I just wanted to leave this here as a possible solution to things. You should try talking to Bethesda about Outward because they have always seemed like the type of company that doesn't like to compromise someones vision for a game and I think they would love Outward. They also have two of the biggest series out there which both fall into the same realm as Outward which is the RPG genre.

Thank you for your kind words. We are going to do everything we can to make Outward a reality, and finding a publisher is part of our back up plans.

xaliber

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 01:21:36 pm »
Hey guys, I was streaming E3 and I saw clip from Outward at a glance in indie section. Did you get to find a publisher?

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 02:24:22 pm »
It's something we are working on :)

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 08:46:06 am »
Hey guys, I was streaming E3 and I saw clip from Outward at a glance in indie section. Did you get to find a publisher?

We have been approved by the Canadian Media Fund! We now have a budget of around 950k to develop Outward :D

You can read more here : http://ninedotsforums.com/index.php?topic=55.0